Lower Financial Inc. (Lower) is Canada’s premium mortgage broker offering every type of mortgage in Canada. We’re a group of experienced mortgage professionals dedicated to serving Canadians. Our mission is to find anyone the best mortgage deal possible through our online service.
We are a fast-growing brokerage and if you want to make an impact here and help out your fellow Canadians, this is the right place for you. If you have a track record of exceeding goals when it comes to technical problem solving, and a highly proactive attitude, then you are in the right place.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Mortgage Underwriter, you will be responsible for negotiating, recommending and declining mortgage applications based on established guidelines. Excellent judgement is a crucial part of this role to ensure prompt service for the customers and integrity of our service.
What You Should Already Have
- Excellent financial analysis research and underwriting skills.
- High attention to detail.
- A clear understanding of cash flow statements, preparation, and analysis.
- A sales-focused individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Expert level of knowledge in Excel required to include formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Past teamwork and team player focus and experience are required.
Nice to Have
- Previous experience at a mortgage brokerage
- Bilingual/multilingual is considered a great asset
- Adobe InDesign software experience