Lower Financial Inc. (Lower) is Canada’s premium mortgage broker offering every type of mortgage in Canada. We’re a group of experienced mortgage professionals dedicated to serving Canadians. Our mission is to find anyone the best mortgage deal possible through our online service.
We are a fast-growing brokerage and if you want to make an impact here and help out your fellow Canadians, this is the right place for you. If you have a track record of exceeding goals when it comes to paid advertising (such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Bing Ads, etc.) and a highly proactive attitude, then you are in the right place. At Lower, we work with the best of the best digital marketers around the globe. I can guarantee you won’t regret the opportunity to learn the best marketing strategies on the market.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Front-End Developer, you will be at the forefront of new and exciting projects which are designed to assist our customer base in multiple verticals and help make the end-to-end process as stress-free as possible. Working with the existing developer team to develop projects on a regular basis, your passion for front-end development and a keen eye for design are your most valuable assets. You have strong knowledge of UI development and enjoy creating an amazing UX that is better than your peers can do. You are confident in what you do, and have the ability to solve problems independently. You love what you do and are result driven.
This position works closely with other departments to gather requirements and work through projects in addition to delivering projects within scope and budget. The successful candidate will also be able to provide insight and bring a fresh perspective to the department/company. We love ideas.
What you should already have
- Experience working with PHP based frameworks and CMS – WordPress
- Experience consuming REST-style APIs in addition to single page application (SPA) experience
- Experience with CSS and SASS/SCSS
- Knowledge and syntactical proficiency of HTML5 spec
- An attitude which fosters continuous improvement and optimizations.
- Strong passion to learn and develop their skill-set.
- Problem-solving skills and a desire to be hands-on.
- Pride in exacting attention to detail and follow through.
Nice to have
- Experience with Vanilla CSS in addition to CSS framework such as Buefy, Vuetify, Bootstrap
- Experience with GraphQL
- Comfortable working with a package manager such as NPM
- Experience with build tools such as Webpack, Grunt, Gulp
- Experience with Nuxt.js, Next.js, React.js
- Exposure and working knowledge of the latest ES6+ features
- Server-side node.js experience